Marriage is an important event in a couple's life. You will be excited and challenged by all the preparations and planning for the big day.
What do I need to know before I get married?
A couple wishing to get married by law should be aware of these important points about civil marriages:
• The majority age for male or female to contract marriage is eighteen years and over.
• Parent’s contentment is required for any to contract civil marriage.
• Other than brother and sister any person can get married.
• Female under eighteen must produce proof of the consent (a notary document) in written if one of the parents can’t be there in person to give a verbal consent.
• Under Civil Status Act, Homosexual marriages are prohibited in Seychelles.
• Before the marriage can take place, the banns is publish for eleven days prior to the date of marriage
What document that I need to present?
• Birth certificate,
• NIN cards,
• Death or Divorce certificates where applicable.
Where do I get more information about getting married?
The couple who wish to register their marriage should be present in the Civil Status office with a witness from each side. If the couple wishes to register their marriage at home, they should inform the Civil Status office at least a week before the marriage takes place. For more information, contact
Telephone No: + (248) 29 36 36
Telephone No: + (248) 37 11 72
Telephone No: + (248) 23 39 04
Telephone No: + (248) 23 42 20
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening hours: 8.00am - 11.00 am and 1.00pm - 3.00pm.