Public transport services here in Seychelles include buses, taxis and ferries. These public transports are used by the public to get around the island and between the islands.
Public bus service
Seychelles Public Transport Corporation, (SPTC) offers bus services on Mahe and Praslin. The commuters can identify the route of the bus by looking at the bus number or the destination name.
SPTC operates on 41 routes in Mahe traversing almost every possible motor able road. All services on Mahe terminate at the Central But Terminal in Victoria. Services operate throughout the day, from 05.30hrs in the morning to 19.30hrs in the night. Special night circular services at 20.30hrs operate from Monday to Saturday tracing North and South area.
On Praslin SPTC operates on 4 routes from 05.30hrs in the morning till 18.30hrs in the evening with services running throughout the day. SPTC also provides buses on special hire for picnics, weddings and funerals for groups varying from a minimum of 10 to 50 passengers.
How much is the bus fare?
• A fare of SR5.00 per passenger is charged for the night services.
• A flat fare system is in existence charging SR3.00 for adults.
• SR2.00 for students in uniform.
• The pensioners of Seychelles are provided with free transport without any limitation of the number of trips or routes travelled.
What are the ticketing types which exist?
• The normal tickets which you pay upon getting on the bus.
• Smart card which you can buy from the SPTC office in Latanier road. Smart cards are of Rs50/- to Rs250/-.
• Then there is another type of Smart card which is called "Dessert" which is for Rs6/-. This smart card you can use 1 per day.
Get the bus time table.